Healthcare is definitely everyone’s concern. It is a big topic, and also a big portion of spending both in government, private sector, and in personal life. There’s so much happening in Indonesian healthcare…
Indonesia’s healthcare expenditure is predicted to reach US$60.6 billion in 2018 with a growth of 14.9 percent over the 2012-2018 period on account of faster growth in age groups above 35 years, urbanization and an increase of lifestyle-related diseases such as cancer and diabetes, says research and consulting firm Frost & Sullivan (Quoted from Jakarta Post).
There is also a survey from Edelman in collaboration with UGM in 2013 which found out that today’s healthcare professionals (HCPs) are turning to the Internet to empower patients with information while also using the Internet to strengthen their professional network.
And another hot topic for Indonesia is the implementation of Universal Health Coverage – Jamkesmas, starting from Jan 1, 2014!
As MobileMonday, we naturally ask, is there any opportunities for mobile in the healthcare ecosystem?
Joining us in the event – representing different views from the industry are:
- Josep William Widjaja (Co-Founder Dokita), “Dokita – Bringing Indonesia’s healthcare services into the next level”
- Iwan Hasan (Communication for Development Specialist, UNICEF Indonesia), “Role of Mobile in Health Improvement Program – Real Case from Eastern Indonesia”
- A special guest, dr. Rahmanofa, otorhinolaryngologist, “how doctor use mobile & technology” – talkshow
- BlackBerry Indonesia Team, “BB Apps for Healthcare”
- Day/date: Monday, 20 May 2013
- Time: 18.00 – onwards
- Place: Amigos (Bellagio Mall), Kawasan Mega Kuningan
For registration please go to this link: http://www.mobilemonday.co.id/register-event
See you there!