UPDATED ! Venue information.
Dear MoMo Friends,
Hope this message finds you well, safe and sound from all the recent flood in Jakarta.
Tourism industry is one of Indonesia’s economic pillar. We serve millions of domestic and international tourists (latest prediction is 11 million foreign tourists per year by 2015). Creating a good portion of contribution in our GDP – on average 6% of Indonesian GDP.
Mobile is definitely a good fit in tourism. Being location and context aware, we can imagine a service/apps that can direct tourists to the right spot and attractions – attractions that sometimes are missed. This will benefit not just big businesses, but also for micro business and SMB… will greatly enhance their discoverability. Tourists on the other hand we think are also longing for high quality information about Indonesia, both prior to their visit and during their visit.
We’ve seen a recent spike in tourism oriented services in Indonesia. I’m also curious though, whether our recent (year end?!) holiday experience can be enhanced by many of services and apps that mobile can offer.
Next Monday, come and join us with
- Amie Laras, CEO of PT. Ulin Ulin Indonesia – Creating m-Tourism Through Micro/SMB Tourism Ecosystem
- Iip Muftach, Senior Business Development Manager, RIM – The Power of Mobile Apps for Tourism
- Amiranto Adi Wibowo, JSpotMobile – Mobile Augmented Reality Magazine for Indonesia Tourism – in cooperation with Kemparekraf & Qualcomm
- Mikhael Gaery Undarsa, co-founder & MD of Tiket.com – Mobile Travel Overview & Outlook – Tiket.com Perspective
- Date: Monday, 28 January 2013
- Time: 18.00 – onwards
- Venue: Amigos Resto, Bellagio Boutique Mall, Mega Kuningan, Jakarta (UPDATED!)
Special thanks for BlackBerry / Research in Motion for annual sponsorship for MobileMonday Indonesia.